Search This Blog

Friday, January 2, 2015

End of the Year Review

Well the end of the year has come and I have fallen just two books short of my goal! Either way, this was an eye opening experience no doubt. This year I read over 20,000 pages, mixed books of both fiction and nonfiction, gotten better at reading, immersed myself in interesting topics and books, and expanded my already rather large (considering I am only 25) library. I also fell only 11 or so book reviews short of my goal and I hope to remedy this next year as well. The following is my list of books read this year:

1) Cross of Christ 
2) Washington 
3) Strange Fire 
4) When We Were a Consuming Fire 
5) Starship Troopers 
6) Mao
7) Refugee 
8) The Story of Christianity II 
9) Lord of The Rings: Fellowship of the Ring 
10) Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers 
11) The Courage to be Protestant
12) Lord of the Rings: Return of the King 
13) Total Truth 
14) The Japanese and Christianity
15) First to Fight 
16) Strange Glory 
17)  Black Hawk Down
18) Rainbow 6
19) Why We're not Emergent 
19) The Last Stand of Fox Company
20) Without Remorse 
21) John Macarthur: Minister of the Flock 
22) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
24) I heard my Country Calling
25) Animal Farm
26) 1984 
27) Fight Club 
28) Mission at Nuremberg 
29) Lion At the Gate 
30) A Good Spy 
31) Those Who Are Dead and Those Who Are Dying 
32) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
33 ) Daniel Commentary 
34 ) Titan: John D. Rockefeller 
35 ) The Automobile 
36 ) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 
37)- American Sniper 
38)- No Easy Day 
39)_ Level Zero Heroes 
40)- A Christmas Carol 
41) The Giver 
42) The Aviators 
43) American History 
44) Debt of Honor
45)- The Hobbit 
46)- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
47)- My Men Are My Heroes 
48)- The Last Battle 
49)- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
50)- Saving Leonardo

51) S. - done

Altbough I say I fell two books short, this is not exactly true. Some of the books I read (including books for school and others I did not put on my list or forgot about) I have not included here. So suffice it to say that this is a monumental accomplishment in my short life that I am pretty proud about. My goal for this next year is to start completely over and I hope to read at least 60 books this year! 

Thanks for everyone who took time to read my blog on book reviews. The most popular was ironically also my first: the Strange Fire book review by John MacArthur with over 51 views. The second most seen was the book, The Cross of Christ  by John Stott with over 30 views. Altogether, over 890 views have been recorded on this blog. That is fantastic! I never thought I would even see 100 views so thank you again for reading! A happy New Year to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment